How Glyphic, an AI Sales Copilot integrated with all popular CRMs at once
Glyphic is an emerging leader in AI-driven Sales space. It is an AI sales co-pilot that helps sales teams record, organize meetings and everything that follows.
It needs to be closely integrated with CRMs to:
- Match meeting participants with CRM contacts and users.
- Push information about meetings like recordings, transcriptions, notes, and action items to the customer’s CRM.
Glyphic had a limited set of integration scenarios that needed to be implemented for every CRM one of the Glyphic customers used, and it’s many CRMs.
Why use an integration platform & whom to pick?
Firstly, Glyphic decided that building integrations in-house would take up significant engineering resources for features that were necessary but ultimately undifferentiated (e.g. build a Salesforce integration).
They decided to use a 3rd-party platform due to time & flexibility. The biggest factor being the ability to say “yes” to customers whenever they requested integrations and having a layer to allow building those integrations very quickly, instead putting more strain on their engineering team.
Now, onto the specifics: Glyphic needed to build integrations into CRMs but were aware that CRM usage varies widely across users and custom fields requirements were tricky to figure out.
Initially, the looked into unified APIs like Merge and Apideck but plugging into APIs wasn’t enough for them.
That is why they chose universal integrations provided by Integration.app.
Prototype implemented in less than 2 weeks
Glyphic built a working prototype of their integration with top 3 CRMs in less time than it would normally take them to build just one integration without a platform. This allowed them to focus on how integration should work and fit into the user workflows instead of how to deal with various external APIs.
Fully custom native UI
Integration.app offers unique capabilities of seamlessly embedding integration elements into Glyphic’s UI. As you see on the screenshots above, it fits right into the custom UI. Users don’t even know which feature are done fully by Glyphic and which are powered by integration.app.
Adding more integrations is trivial
Glyphic did not just save time on building the integration, but integrated with multiple CRMs at once, all with the same code and UI. Adding new integrations to the list is taking virtually no time now.
Building new features that work across every integration
Glyphic keeps iterating on the integration functionality (like associating meetings with deals and adding more detailed action items). Universal integrations let them iterate on the whole integration portfolio at once instead of painstakingly replicating each new integration feature across every unique API.
Features powered by Integration.app
The resulting integrations seamlessly integrate into Glyphic UI. It starts with connecting your CRM on the settings page:
All integrations, both powered by integration.app and not have exactly the same look and feel. All that glyphic had to do is call integration.app SDK when customer clicks “connect”.
After connecting the app, Glyphic customer can start sending meeting information to their CRM after it was processed by Glyphic.
It is done in a fully native UI that has integration elements sprinkled throughout:
- List of contacts is powered by integration.app data sources. It allows searching contacts based on meeting participants information as well as with manual input from the user.
- Similarly, CRM user matching the meeting host is automatically found and linked.
- When user clicks “send”, integration.app takes care of pushing information to the CRM and associating it with the correct contacts and users.
Besides manual push, user can choose to push meeting notes automatically, in which case everything happens on the Glyphic backend without user involvement. It uses powerful REST API provided by integration.app.
How it’s done: Integration Guides
- Pushing activities to CRM
- Searching contacts in CRM (coming soon)
- Searching users in an external application (coming soon)
What are the benefits for Glyphic ?
Besides, building & embedding integrations fast into the product, Glyphic started to see increasing benefits already:
- Allowed them to have rotating engineering resources on integrations rather than a dedicated person, which improved their workflows & resource allocation across projects for the core product
- Sales conversations started to improve once potential customers knew they could link up their own CRMs into Glyphic from the onboarding onwards.
- Increasing the perceived product stickiness as their users now have a fewer incentives to switch due to more of their data & workflows being connected inside of Glyphic.
- As people started to send their recording data to their CRM, features like their “AI Ask Glyphic” started to have more use for users who wanted to save standardised information from calls.
Thanks for reading!
If you're keen to see their integrations live, feel free to sign up on Glyphic - https://app.glyphic.ai/ and connect your preferred CRM.
If you're keen to chat more with us and you have a similar use case to Glyphic, please get in touch or schedule a demo.